Saturday, December 24, 2011

What can I do about Discount Tires scratching my rims.?

I was just at discount tires in Rockford, IL. I was having my tires put on, and during this process they scratched my rimes. When I brought it to the managers attention he said that I was mistaken. There is no way they scratched my rimes because they have had 10,000$ rim sets go through there so they couldn't have damaged mine. This is a problem for me especially because my car is a very nice hot rod which on occasion I do show. The scratches were not there before and now they are. The manager had the nerve to say that I wasn't listening and we are going to have to agree to disagree. Obviously I have no proof except my word against his. It's not like I took video of the rims before I entered the shop but I did inspect them before I went in in the stores parking lot. I do not recommend anyone use this chain for any reason.|||I have to agree with you on using this chain. I have been in the tire business for a long time and I do get this complaint from them often. I can tell you in a family owned and operated store this probably wouldn't happen, and if it does we take care of the issues right then and there! If we don't........well.........we don't have customers. Unfortunately your going to have to work to get your claim paid for. Call another store (trust me they have many) and ask for a district managers phone number. If they wont provide it tell them its to congratulate a store manager on there performance (sneaky I know but they don't want complaints). And usually through many calls you can get the rim repaired. The sad thing in this case is it usually cost a dealer to repair a wheel about $100. And to lose a customer over this is really, really, really, bad! And that's why I left cooperate America and now found a better way to do business. Visit a family owned locations you'll get better service, you wont have to deal with a bunch of robots,and we appreciate your business. Good Luck I hope this helps!


Yeah Matt has a good idea! But the problem with trying to get the media involved is going to be really tough. See with how large discount tire is they do a lot of advertisement and I know if they try to get involved on such a small claim discount tire would stop advertising with their media. Good Idea if it were a safety issue or something that would WOW the audience, but in this case it is just to small of an article and to much to sacrifice! Once again a very large corporation taking advantage of how large it is!


One more thing I think that is worth mentioning, see the store managers really have no "ownership mentality" the only thing they care about is sales and complaints. Once they get the sale they really don't care if that customer ever returns again. And in this case if they have to repair a wheel it will cost them part of their bonus, and if they get a complaint......well......they don't get a bonus! So please don't give up until they fix your claim!|||Unless you have undeniable proof that they were perfect prior to taking it in... there is not much you can do.





I will say this though. I have managed a collision center for 8 years now. Since I took over, I required that every vehicle have photos taken inside and out. Since I began this procedure 8 years ago, I have had many customers accuse me of damaging their vehicle while it was in my possesion. Not a single one has been correct and are usually surprised when I show them the photos of their car prior to me ever working on it.|||He's obviously just doing whatever he has to cover his own ****. Hate to hear that happened though. You could bring him to small claims court. Best I can think of.|||as long as they didnt have it marked down damaged b4 they did the service they are responsible|||You could cry and kick your heels.|||Probably the ONLY thing you could do would to contact the higher corperation of Discount Tires and actually talk with someone in sales representative or customer service. Explain to them that they had damaged my rims in the process of the tires which i had bought from (put the location of the discount tires store). Explain to them what happend, be very nice about it, and see what can be done? Send them pictures aswell in the email. If nothing goes through email, contact through phone. If they reply and say nothing, then explain to them that you will contact ABC, NBC, or your local news station and explain to the news about how lousy customer satisfaction is there, and the way they do not take care of rims when putting on tires. The Corperation of Discount Tires do NOT want that to happen because that would hurt their sales. They will maybe pay some if the rims, Take what you can get. Hopefully, youll be fully reimbursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment