Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tire Disposal Fee for Bringing In Blank Rims!?

I bought 4 winter tires from Discount Tire Outlet here in Illinois. I bought 3 junk yard rims that did not have tires on them for this project (1 set of winter, 1 set of non-winter tires).


Plus I have one full-sized, spare rim with tire (tread style is old, but tread depth looks nearly new) that I bought a year ago from a junkyard that was standby on a road trip.





Hence I have 3 rims, and 1 rim with tire (all 4 rims are the same diameter and width).These will be the 4 rims for the 4 new winter tires.


I want to keep that odd, yet new, tire! No disposal of anything.


The tires I am driving on now are not going anywhere. They aren't going to even put the new tires with rims on my car yet. I'll do that myself in December.





I have an appointment tomorrow to get the new tires on these spare rims I have. I explained on purchase I am not disposing of any tires, yet the cashier billed me, as I saw afterward.





It's $10 or $2.50 a tire. Now, this is a matter of principle, and if $10 is nothing, then mail me $10. Open your wallet and hand it over if it is nothing.





How should I start my argument with them tomorrow when I arrive for tire installation?


The employee isn't too blame. (Though the one on the phone only said, "This is our policy...you were billed for this already" (Doubt he was the manager).


Does the Federal Government see 3 imaginary tires somehow? They're only rims. The fourth rim has a good tire I am keeping no matter what.


Does the CEO of Discount Tire see 3 imaginary tires for imaginary disposal?





I want $10 back. Worse I had to put it on their own credit card (only way to get their discounts...doesn't every big business do this crap now), so it's tougher to refund a credit card purchase. But you can. I want to see "Credit: $10" on my statement, whenever that arrives in the mail.





Last, what about this scenario:


I purchase 4 tires AND new rims for that business......do you think they would still charge the $10 environmental/disposal fee?


For what!?


Taxes have to be logical!





Basically, just tell me if you think I will be able to get the $10 back or not.


I have all year. I only work part-time and the place is close to me.|||They shouldn't charge you the disposal fee since they are not the once who is disposing of the tires. If they can't put the $10 back on your credit card then ask them to give you a $10 credit next time you get an oil change or any other service.|||just burn em.|||you are right


they are wrong


don't start at the bottom


go straight to the manager


or his manager


or the district office





Illinois


Discount Tire


55 Shuman Blvd.


Suite 575


Naperville, IL 60563-8211


(630) 778-7171


(630) 778-7194 FAX|||The technicians never read the whole work order. When I get tires I always tell them no new stem no balance. I don鈥檛 pay for them but the guy in shop does it anyway. 99.999999% of the work order says stems and balance. So the guy in the shop just does mine that way not even knowing he was not suppose to.


That鈥檚 what happened to you only in reverse. You needed to speak up right then when you were paying. You would have a hard time proving it after the fact.


On the other hand a good service manager would correct your problem to keep you as a happy repeat customer.|||Discount has a standard add-on. It includes stem, disposal, warranty insurance and so on. Yes its a rip. You're supposed to lay down the ground rules when you buy the tires and refuse the add-ons. Good luck trying after the fact.





Discount tires in Denver just throw those in as part of the tire cost. You know, Firestone isn't all that much more and alot less hassle.|||if there were no old tires left with them then they cannot charge you the disposal fee. If they do tell them you also want to get a core refund on something you didnt buy see how they like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment