Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tire damage...covered by Discount Tire certificate?

I live in an area where there is unending amount of road construction going on so I bought the warranty certificates when I bought the tires. Yesterday evening I noticed that the sidewall on one tire was damaged, like something caught it and tried peeling the surface away in a smallish area...maybe 3/8 inch wide by 1/2 inch long but the tire did not go flat. Anyway, whatever caused the damage it also scraped the very edge of the rim, right by the tire. I know this sounds like curb damage but it wasn't...probably happened on the way home from the bank. The road I use going home is being resurfaced with the new section being higher than the old section.


Will this type of damage be covered by the warranty certificates I bought? ...or am I faced with paying $100 for a new tire?|||at face value i'd say it's covered,however the road condition you mentioned wouldn't cause that kind of damage sounds like curb damage to me so i'm not sure,take it back to the dealer and see. sorry to disagree,but is it on the passenger side?|||The type of damage you describe is caused by jumping a curb when you lose control of your vehicle, like say when you're drunk or high on something. It's horrible drivers like you who can't control their vehicles that cause auto accidents every single day. IMO...the question shouldn't be whether or not the certficate will be honored...it should be whether or not your license should be taken away until you can prove to the state via a road test you are able to properly maintain control of your vehicle at all times. As far as that certificate goes...I think you should have to shell out $100 for another tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment