Saturday, December 24, 2011

How much does 1 wheel bearing cost for a 2006 Dodge Charger?

My Charger and I were driving downt he highway and my wheel started shaking, it felt like it was going to fall off! So I went to Discount Tire and they told me my wheel bearing on the front drivers side was either loose or needed to be replaced I just wanted to know how much to spend so I dont get taken advantage of.|||it is 1 hour labor i charge $50 and the wheel hub / bearing $100 approx that would be my estimate but i am cheep expect to pay $175 to $250 for the job|||That does not sound like a wheel bearing, it sounds like a bad tire (tread separation or unbalanced) or ball joint, a broken wheel lug, or something else in your suspension came loose. Get a second opinion.





A wheel bearing should cost about $50, but for most newer cars you need to use a heavy-duty machine press to install it. I recently paid $40 for just the machine-press work. To have it done in a shop, expect $60-$80 for parts and 2-3 hours labor.|||I know that if you go to http://mibearings.com and fill out the form on the right side they will look-up the bearings for you and give you a good price. It will be cheaper than the auto parts sore.


Labor should be from 1-2 hours.


Bearings can cost from $40 to $300, I suggest you check out the above website.|||if it is the wheel bearing then replace both.i find it hard it believe the bearings are bad already.make sure you didn't lose a wheel weight or have a cord break in the tire.|||put front end on jack and stands with wheel off ground grab wheel and try to moveside to side and up and down. youll find out where it is lose at,|||Get a second opinion.





You may have simply lost a wheel weight and you tire is out of balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment