Tuesday, December 20, 2011

How much lift is needed for 37in tires and 20in rims on 2001 dodge ram 2500 4x4 extended cab???

I have 35's on 16's with maybe 2 inches to play with when fully turned. The guys told me it will fit at Discount Tire. So if it doesnt im going to be pissed just want to know what i gota do to make em fit. They say on my truck i need a 5in lift to fit 35's and 16'' rims in there, so do i just need a 2in body lift?|||are you running 35's with no lift at all???





I run 33s on my '02 2500 4x4 quad cab diesel (same body as yours) with no lift and I might could go to 35s without a lift but it would be close...





I would think you would need at least a 2 inch body lift to clear the 37s but I would also think a 5 inch lift would clear easily without the 2 inch body lift (but the body lift is much easier to install and cheaper too) ...





good luck!|||I would go ahead and out a 5 or 6 inch suspension lift on there. That way if they dont fit all you got to do is out a body lift on which is easier thaan a susp lift. I would have to say you prolly need a total of 8 to 9 inches.|||Probably more like 10 or 12 all together|||If you don't have a diesel than you best have a lot of gas money%26gt;Like 4 to5 mpg%26gt; It's a major body lift to run those tires%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment